HI DOLLS AND GENTS... i just celebrated my birthday! It was so good to have my friends besides me,we went to Busaba Ethai in Leicester Square! Ate,talked and laughed... I am greatful for another year. As I have grown older I realise that you don't need too many friends I have 5close friends and thats it... All the people that are out of my life never belonged in it in the first place so I never dwell on friendships that dint last. Am just at an age were I am happy and content with my surroundings...
On to the outfit!!!!Yes heels and just a coat...nothing else. Trust me a coat can be worn as a dress....spicy ha? Oh and my braids...change was needed. Thanks for tuning in !!!
In Love and War...maintain Military Silence...Do not speak or consort with the Enemy...
WATCH A LIVE VIDEO
Hi dolls and gents ....its been a minute ! I have been going through life but I need to learn to find a balance for things I love doing.. I have not had time to blog or go to the gym,and I have gained weight yikes! 2015 has only started and I guess its already one of the hardest years. I had to get a new laptop my laptop packed up ages ago ,I decided to get a Mac Book Pro, am going all Apple now...no time for set backs...My iPhone fell in the bath..lol so I need a new phone,its just been one thing after the other! I feel so lost without it and its only been a couple hours since the incident...
Moving on... Hope you have all been in good spirits.. I had a great Christmas, My family came down from South Africa and its the first time in 10 years that we celebrated Christmas together so that was great.
Lets get into the details of this dress hunny..So I got this dress from Asos and its by a brand called 'Love'.. If you recall I once wore the 'love cut out dress' by the same brand. There is something really feminine and sexy about their dresses. They also have the same dress in blue!......As a woman I believe its important to be the best you that you can be and always make an effort to look fabulous for yourself or for that special someone! Be spontaneous, sexy and cool.. ! Hope u had a lovely valentines day whether your single or taken. Sorry ladies this dress sold out!
"When you find someone loyal....hold on to them because such people are hard to find."
Hi dolls and gents, hope you are having a blessed week... I know I have been M.I.A, I have been so busy settling into my new job. I cant lie. London has been so grey and cold, I was hit with the flu and been feeling so bugged down and run down for the past two weeks. But am getting better, I spent today in a steam room and sauna just in an attempt to open up my airway and also my skin pores. I have been so stressed so it was good stress relief. I have also been doing a lot of boxing sessions after work. I bought these cute pink boxing gloves and trust me boxing is my new favorite thing to do. Its fun!
Anyway enough of the stories, lets talk about this outfit huntayyys! So Leona Lewis always seems to have these BOMB dot COM pencil skirt and small crop top combinations. And one thing she always does is throw in a pop of colour. I love the mix of blue and yellow....like who would have ever thought those two colours would look smashing together. By the way I have new hair! I have mixed feelings about the ombre effect at the bottom, I may get my hair done in all black , what you think>>>
I just finished reading "Rich Dad poor dad" by Robert Kiyosaki and it really had me thinking of the cycle of my life. The book is the story of the author who has two fathers: the first was his biological father – the poor dad - and the other was the father of his childhood best friend, Mike – the rich dad. Both fathers taught the author how to achieve success but with very disparate approaches.
The author compares his poor dad to those people who are perpetually scampering in the Rat Race, helplessly trapped in a vicious cycle of needing more but never able to satisfy their dreams for wealth because of one glaring lack: financial literacy. They spend so much time in school learning about the problems of the world, but have not acquired any valuable lessons about money, simply because it is never taught in school. His rich dad, by contrast, represents the independently wealthy core of society who deliberately takes advantage of the power of corporations and their personal knowledge of tax and accounting (or that of their financial advisers) which they manipulate to their advantage.
The phrase "Rat race" kept popping up and I thought to myself what exactly is the rat race... Curious as to its origins, I did a quick Google search, and low and behold, “Rat Race” has its own Wikipedia page. I found this definition, “A rat race is an endless, self-defeating, or pointless pursuit. It conjures up the image of the futile efforts of a lab rat trying to escape while running around a maze or in a wheel. In an analogy to the modern city, many rats in a single maze expend a lot of effort running around, but ultimately achieve nothing (meaningful) either collectively or individually. Here are five ideas about making sure you run in a different race, one worth running.
1. Don’t be a rat, be a person – We become rats by choice. Society, friends, and even loved ones, can all unwittingly encourage us to enter the wrong race. You don’t have to do it. Enter the race you’re designed to run, not one that will fail to bring out the best in you and won’t satisfy your soul, even if you come in first. As Lilly Tomlin has said, “The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you’re still a rat.”
2. Forget the cheese, go for significance – What strikes me as most important about this Wikipedia definition is the phrase “achieve nothing meaningful.” It’s generally not the amount of effort we expend or the pace at which we run that causes us to feel that we’re wasting our life, it’s a lack of connection to a higher purpose. Rats will work pretty hard for a piece of cheese. Maybe a piece of cheese will satisfy a rat, but as a human being we need more to find a meaningful life. Paychecks, accolades, awards, or the recognition of others are nice, but won’t satisfy the soul. To find significance we must play a bigger game and run the race that God has for us. Learn to surrender to your calling and you can go for the gold of meaning and purpose. Forget running through the maze-of-life for cheesy rewards that really don’t matter very much.
3. Slow down in order to win the race – Turn the hamster wheel faster than anyone else and all you’ll do is turn the hamster wheel faster than anyone else. So what? Regardless of the race you choose to enter, getting too busy to enjoy the journey, or to ask, “what is this teaching me?” ensures that you’ll not win the race called a “joyful life journey.”
4. To win, help others win – If a satisfied soul and a joyful life is the prize that you’re after, you’ll never get it by beating others to the end of the maze. The good race, the race that brings meaning and fulfillment to our lives isn’t a contest against others. It’s a contest for others. Only by using your gifts and talents in the service of others can you win a life that brings lasting fulfillment.
5. Lead others to a higher purpose – We’re all leaders in some way: with our children, our neighbors, at work, or self-leadership. When you lead, call those you lead to a higher purpose and you’ll bring out the best in yourself and others. Treat them like rats and they’ll act like rats. People are much more than simple stimulus/response creatures who can be taught to solve the maze if they get a little reward at the end. This approach may work for a while, but the rewards won’t keep them happy for long and you’ll not just be in a rat race yourself, you’ll be the head rat. Lead with higher purpose in mind and watch the difference it makes.
DO NOT BE A RAT .........BE A PERSON!!!
THANKS FOR READING DOLLS AND GENTS...
I have not been in the blogging mood lately and ended up deleting my Instagram , I have a love and hate relationship with blogging and social media...it does begin to feel like the RAT RACE...not only social media but alot of things in general are so REPETITIVE...just keeping it 100%...